Academy Training Philosophy & Opportunities
Commitment is what matters: Ours and yours
Our Commitment to You
We commit to helping you become the most successful ski racer that you can be and to providing opportunities for your continual improvement – all while having lots of fun!
Strategies Based on Your Goals
Regardless of the grade you join us, the CVA term you choose, or your stage of athletic development, we are committed to making you a better skier, faster ski racer and better all-around athlete. Once you join us you will be coached through a consistent progression that is based on skill acquisition and the science of human development through our highly regarded Human Performance Program. Together we will create the most choices for your post high school athletic and academic pursuits.
A Time Proven Formula
Our program follows the USSA development system of a consistent focus on the fundamentals of ski racing and functional movement. Like the US Ski Team, our program is year-round as we believe you will have better racing results when physical conditioning and training happen in the winter, spring, summer and fall. It’s a time proven formula of intentional athlete management. We are committed to real-time athlete feedback through the iPad technology and we are in the forefront of equipment testing, selection, and management.
Pre-Season is Key
- In the summer we hold optional on-snow camps at Mammoth, France, and Mt. Hood where tactical skills are developed and improved
- Also in the summer our athletes carry out their human performance plan; an individualized plan created by our Human Performance Director that includes dry land training, nutrition, and rest
- Our fall pre-season training is an October on-snow camp at Copper Mt. in Colorado and a November on-snow camp in Summit County, Colorado where we use winter snow conditions to maximize early season preparation/race training.
- When you return from those trips you are physically and mentally ready for the competitive season.
- In November we begin our training at Sugarloaf, the premiere alpine training and racing venue, which has been the site of many US National, Junior Worlds, and World Cup events and is the only FIS certified downhill in the east. Many post-season events are held on the Narrow Gauge trail, a trail that you will ski every day so you’ll know it like the back of your hand!
A Coaching Staff Focused on Your Success
We commit to providing you with a coaching staff that has, or is constantly working towards, the highest level of coaching certifications. In addition to their ski racing knowledge and expertise, our coaches care deeply about each athlete and his/her goals. Their commitment to their athletes and their passion for skiing is unsurpassed. They also appreciate the value of fun and know that so often the magic happens when athletes are relaxed and having fun.
Commitment to the sport of ski racing is key. Bring us your heart, hard work, passion for skiing, love of the mountains and your smile. Commit to giving academics your all and being a good citizen. Commit to being the best CVA Big Dog that you can be.
Age Specific Philosophies
U14 U16 U19/21