Throughout the year, CVA holds a number of events to help raise funds for our annual fund, scholarships, Parent Support Organization, and more. Our events (Golf Classic, Big Raffle and Auction, Spring Fund Raiser, Wreath Sale, and Ski Sale) and the support of our community make the CVA experience better for all of our students. Please join us!
Spring Family Weekend & Annual Big Dog Dash: May 10-12, 2013
We hope that you will consider joining us for our annual Spring Family Weekend and Big Dog Dash happening May 10-12, 2013. This long-standing spring tradition brings together all CVA coaches, teachers, student-athletes, and staff to celebrate a wonderful winter at CVA and to usher in spring. Click here for a complete schedule of events. Here are some weekend highlights:
- Student Art Show and Family Reception on Friday evening at the Carrabassett Public Library from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Teacher and coach conferences will be held on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and should be scheduled in advance by clicking here to book online.
- Grab merchandise from the CVA school store on Saturday, open 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Join us Saturday afternoon at for the Big Dog Dash which will be held this year at the King Cummings Campus on Saturday afternoon. This event consists of physical and mental team-based challenges and is sure to be fun for everyone.
- You won’t want to miss the Saturday night dinner and awards banquet at the Anti-Gravity Complex.
The Big Dog Dash was originally created as a major student fundraising initiative but much has changed in the world of fundraising over the last three decades. While this year’s Dash will not have a student fundraising component, we are hoping you will help us meet our $5,000 “Keep Us Rolling” fundraising goal by sponsoring a team or a portion of the event. The Big Dogs spend countless hours traveling to competitions and training sessions – it’s a very important part of the CVA experience. Gifts will go directly to maintaining the school’s fleet of buses and vans and help continue safe, reliable and comfortable travel for all CVA student-athletes.
Dash Into Spring with the Big Dogs – How You Can Get Involved:
- Sponsorship -- by your company, family or anyone you can put us in touch with. Gifts can be made online and range from $50 to support a “Dashing Dog” to $2500 to support “The Whole Dog-Gone Event.” Click here to be a sponsor.
- Compete! All abilities welcome. Need a Team? Contact us...we can help.
- Volunteer or cheer on the competitors.
To register for dinner click here. For more information please contact Melissa Fogg: 207.237.4505, email@example.com
Spring is here and graduation is right around the corner. The celebration will kick off with the Senior Banquet Friday night, May 31st, from 6pm – 9pm at the Sugarloaf Inn. Dinner will follow along with a short program celebrating their time spent at CVA . Reservations and payment can be made online at www.gocva.com/graduation (Link coming soon.) or by contacting Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-237-4505. Semi-formal dress is encouraged.
Graduation will be held at the Richard Bell Chapel at Sugarloaf on Saturday, June 1st, at 10am. Reception to follow immediately at the CVA Capricorn Building.