CVA is seeking motivated student/athletes who want to push their personal limits and achieve their full potential. Admission to Carrabassett Valley Academy is based on a careful review of each candidate’s current academic, athletic and extracurricular record, personal recommendations, the family interview, standardized test scores and CVA’s evaluation of his or her ability to benefit from and contribute to our program. Applicants should be able to perform in a demanding but supportive college preparatory academic program and want to compete in skiing or snowboarding or join our non-competitive program. Carrabassett Valley Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, or national or ethnic origin in admissions policies, financial aid programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Each candidate for admission completes and forwards to the Director of Admissions the following:
- Formal application with three essays
- Current school transcript, including discipline records
- Any educational or psychological assessments and recommendations
- $40 non-refundable fee, $250 fee for non-North American applicants
- Personal interview: A visit to the school is strongly recommended. If this is impossible, arrangements will be made to have an interview closer to the applicant's home. Appointments should be scheduled well in advance; it is best if candidates visit on a weekday when school is in session in order to see CVA in action.
- References: Please give the appropriate form to adults who know you well
- Guidance counselor or principal
- English teacher
- Coach (ski coach or an individual who knows the candidate well athletically)
7. Parental statement
9. Review testing evaluation and academic assistance